Built in 1947 in William Denny & Brothers yards at Dumbarton on the River Clyde in Scotland, SS Falaise
has enabled the Soutern Railways to reopen liaison between Saint-Malo and Southampton. She was then assisted by the steamer-ship Brittany
, which included this service before WWII.
The S.S. Falaise
was removed from that line in 1963 before being converted into a car ferry. She started in June 1964 a new route between Newhaven and Dieppe she held until 1973 when she was replaced by the Senlac
built in Brest. She then continued on the route between Weymouth and Jersey. Faced with problems of machinery, it was disarmed in August 1974 and towed to Bilbao to be dismantled.